How To Get IRS Tax Relief Help

It can be difficult to deal with the IRS. Numerous taxpayers are faced with multiple problems with the IRS and don’t know where to begin. The IRS sends numerous notices that can be confusing, adding to the problem. Many taxpayers believe the problem will go away. The IRS is a constant reminder that it never goes away. It is not worth wasting time waiting to take action. If you have the following IRS tax problems, you need to seek the guidance of an experienced tax relief lawyer.

  • Unfiled tax returns
  • tax liens
  • wage garnishments
  • Bank levies
  • You cannot pay tax debt, interest, or penalties
  • Payroll tax debt
  • Seizure of personal and real property
  • Tax audits and issues of underreported

Here are the top questions taxpayers ask about tax relief: 

Is it possible to get IRS assistance or tax relief? 

Tax relief can be obtained in many ways. There is a program that will suit your financial situation. It can be confusing to know which program you belong to. This is why it is important that you hire a tax attorney who has experience in tax relief. Qualified taxpayers can settle their tax debt, get hardship status if it is impossible to pay any due to loss of a job or other life events, and enter into either a full or reduced payment plan. In certain situations, the IRS allows for abatement of penalties. Should I file unfiled tax returns? Many taxpayers believe that filing will make the IRS more awake. You will be on the IRS radar. However, filing will help you reduce penalties. It also will prevent the IRS from filing your substitute return. The IRS usually knows you have to file, and will likely have mailed notices informing you of this. They can obtain your information from contractors, mortgage holders, employers, and other documentation. So, beware. You will be fined more if you don’t file and pay taxes. Just file. You will at least avoid the penalty of failure to file. The IRS offers many resolution options after you have filed.

 What happens if I don’t have the tax documentation? 

The IRS has most of the information you need from your employers, contractors, and mortgage holders, except if you are self-employed. This can cause problems when trying to figure out income for an older, unfiled tax return. This information is best found through bank statements. To find out what information the IRS has, call them and they will send you a transcript of your income and wage for the relevant year. You can also request a transcript online from

 What should I do if the IRS won’t pay me what I owe it? 

There are many ways to get a transcript online at You may be able to negotiate an Offer In Compromise to settle your IRS tax debts for less than what you owe. You can accept the IRS’s offer and pay the agreed amount. Federal tax liens will be removed. This usually happens after one month. A tax attorney is recommended to assist you with your offer. It takes a lot of planning, strategy, and advanced negotiation skills to make a compromise offer. Acceptance can take six months to one year. There are other options if you are not eligible to accept an offer in compromise:

  • The status of Currently Not Collectible is a temporary fix for your financial hardship. This means that the IRS will cease all collection activities against you. This temporary solution is only until your financial situation permits. This is a good option as it gives you the time to organize your finances.
  • Installment agreement/payment plan- lets you pay down your tax debt over time. The usual agreements last between three and seven years. You have the option to pay the full amount in installments or to try to negotiate a lower amount. partial payment installment agreement). A complete set of financials must be submitted to IRS to prove that you are able to only pay a certain amount.

A tax attorney can help taxpayers with IRS tax problems and offers in compromises. Delia Law has many years of experience in tax resolution and can competently represent you before IRS. Call us today to schedule a free consultation with a tax attorney. We are looking forward to hearing from you. We look forward to helping you.

This article was written by Alla Tenina. Alla is one of the best tax attorneys in Los Angeles California, and the founder of Tenina law. She has experience in bankruptcies, real estate planning, and complex tax matters. The information provided on this website does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice; instead, all information, content, and materials available on this site are for general informational purposes only. Information on this website may not constitute the most up-to-date legal or other information. This website contains links to other third-party websites. Such links are only for the convenience of the reader, user or browser; the ABA and its members do not recommend or endorse the contents of the third-party sites.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s